CAS 2023-24 applications are now available!
Register by May 26 to be a part of MOCA’s yearlong classroom partnership program, Contemporary Art Start (CAS) 2023-24.
3rd-5th Grade Application
Please note that the ONLINE Summer Institute for all grades will be held July 26-27 & July 31-Aug. 1
““It's the best PD ever. Not an exaggeration.”
“This is such a valuable experience for both students and teachers alike. I URGE your school to apply!”
–CAS participants, 2022
CAS is MOCA’s sustained, collaborative partnership program for 3rd-12th grade classrooms of all disciplines. CAS supports teachers with discussion-based classroom curriculum and personalized coaching on how to lead inclusive and catalytic conversations about the art of our time. CAS is now available as an in-person program for schools in Los Angeles County and as an online program for classrooms across Southern California.
- Professional development for teachers: learner-centered PD in summer, fall, and spring at MOCA, plus a Classroom Coaching session for first-year participants;
- two MOCA staff-guided visits for students (MOCA pays for the spring bus for those coming in person);
- yearlong, discussion-based classroom curriculum that is SEL- and ELA-standards-aligned;
- free family programs and unlimited-use family passes for students; and
- MOCA memberships for participating teachers and key administrators.
Cost: $25 per teacher (online or in-person)
Want to learn more?
Attend an Application Open House on May 4 or 25 (details below) or schedule a school-wide professional development workshop to learn more about how MOCA can support your students, teachers, and families. Email Allison Koehler to schedule one today!
Join our teacher mail list to receive information about upcoming programs for teachers and students.
Upcoming teacher events:
CAS Application Open Houses
May 4 & 25, 5:30-6:30pm
Drop in with any questions you have about Contemporary Art Start 2023-24 and talk with MOCA Education staff in an informal online gathering. RSVP here.