The MOCA Store Sales Associate provides customer service, completes sales transactions, maintains the physical appearances of stores, and completes opening and closing procedures. The Sales staff follows daily performance guidelines provided by management and are expected to work collegially as part of the Retail Operations Department.
- Effective customer service-oriented interpersonal skills
- Promptness and reliability are essential
- Prior retail experience is preferred
- Availability to work Saturdays or Sundays, plus two additional weekdays with the opportunity to work additional hours.
- Knowledge of, or interest in contemporary art
Essential functions include but are not limited to:
- Work closely with the Director of Retail Operations.
- Use your creative eye to design and maintain unique shop displays.
- Assist in social media posting and planning; take photographs, write captions, and build a following.
- Interact with museum staff, donors, and museum visitors.
- Guide and assist customers with sales of our unique selection of products and publications. Grow knowledge of art books and products.
- Operate Point of Sale cash registers with accuracy and process special orders.
- Assist in all aspects of keeping the MOCA Store looking smart, sophisticated, interesting and well organized.
- Promote sales of Museum Memberships through the Store and process appropriate paperwork.
- Interact with the public and answer or direct questions regarding the Museum.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the incumbent must be able to do the following: stand for extended periods; bend and reach for filing and other job-related functions; climb up and down stairs; bend, stoop, and lift to move and retrieve materials; pull, push, and lift; reach both above and below shoulder height. Specific visual abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to visually inspect work. Manual dexterity to operate computer and other office equipment required. Heavy usage of computers and phones required.
The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.