Welcome to The Museum of Contemporary Art. With two distinct venues—MOCA Grand Avenue and The Geffen Contemporary at MOCA—and Michael Heizer’s seminal artwork Double Negative (1969-70) in the Nevada desert, we engage audiences through an ambitious program of exhibitions, educational programs, and publishing.
MOCA is reopening soon!
MOCA is delighted to announce the reopening of our Grand Avenue location after being closed due to the Covid-19 pandemic!
Beginning June 3, 2021, MOCA Grand Avenue will be open to the public with advance FREE ticket reservations. All visitors, including members, will need to get advance timed-entry tickets online. Tickets will be available for advance reservations starting May 3, 2021 on moca.org. Phone reservations will be available at 213-633-5351 beginning May 20 between the hours of 11am–3pm. General admission to MOCA is free courtesy of Carolyn Clark Powers.
As a benefit for their support, MOCA members will enjoy preview days starting May 20 before the museum reopens to the public. Additional details on member preview days and reserved tickets will be provided via email in the coming weeks.
Protecting the health and well-being of our staff and visitors is our top priority. We require all staff and visitors to wear a face mask when entering the museum and to maintain a six-foot distance from anyone outside of their own household at all times.
Visitors can also shop at MOCA Store in person beginning May 20, safely and socially distanced with reduced capacity and tap-to-pay options. Shop online before your visit for easy onsite pick-up via mocastore.org.
You can continue to stay virtually connected via Virtual MOCA here.
Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back!
- Food and drinks may not be carried into the galleries or auditorium.
- Please do not touch the artwork; even a slight touch can damage the surface.
- All bags are subject to inspection.
- Personal items larger than 12x12 inches cannot be carried into the galleries. Please check these items in, free of charge, at the welcome desk.
- Backpacks cannot be worn in the galleries, please check them in at the welcome desk.
- Unless otherwise noted, photography and filming in the galleries is allowed for personal, non-commercial purposes only, with the use of a personal device or camera. The use of tripods, selfie sticks, stabilizers, flash photography, and mobile phone camera accessories of any kind is prohibited.
- As a courtesy for all museumgoers, cell phone conversations should be conducted outside of the galleries.
- Service animals are welcome at MOCA. Please note that pets and emotional support animals are not permitted. Service dog fraud is a crime. California Penal Code 365.7(a). Emotional support animals are not ADA Service Animals.
- For note taking and sketching, pencils are allowed. Ink, charcoal, markers, or oils are not permitted.
- Smoking and e-cigarettes are not permitted anywhere within the building and within 20 feet of the building’s entrance.
GROUP VISITS & TOURS
MOCA is currently not accepting reservations for group visits or tours. MOCA has taken specific measures to keep our visitors and staff healthy and safe. We have been monitoring coronavirus (COVID-19) closely, and in line with the guidelines from state and local public health authorities we are currently not booking special tours or group reservations until restrictions change. MOCA Grand Avenue galleries and WAREHOUSE at The Geffen Contemporary at MOCA are currently closed. Please continue to check our website for any additional updates.
MOCA no acepta actualmente reservas para visitas de grupos o tours. MOCA ha tomado medidas específicas para mantener a nuestros visitantes y a nuestros empleados sanos y seguros. Hemos estado monitoreando la situación de el coronavirus (COVID-19) cercanamente y de acuerdo con las sugerencias del Departamento de Salud Pública del Condado de Los Ángeles, hemos decidido cancelar Talking Tours en Español en un esfuerzo de ayuda con la contención de COVID-19. Las galerías de MOCA Grand Avenue y WAREHOUSE at The Geffen Contemporary at MOCA están actualmente cerradas temporalmente. Continúe visitando nuestro sitio de web para obtener información adicional.
AMERICAN SIGN LANGUAGE
We are happy to schedule American Sign Language (ASL) interpreters for special tours, lectures, and other talk-focused public programs with two weeks' notice. Request an interpreter by emailing email@example.com.
Closed Independence Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day.