Click to skip to site content
Collection > Brassai >

A gas company employee lighting the gas lamps on the Place de la Concorde, Paris began to be gaslit in 1838. Electricity began to be installed around the turn of the century, but in the thirties, large portions of Paris were still lit by gas.

c. 1933

No image available
  • Medium

    Gelatin silver print

  • Accession number

    95.24.1

  • Dimensions

    11 3/4 x 9 3/8 in. (29.8 x 23.8 cm)Image: 11 3/4 x 9 3/8 in. (29.8 x 23.8 cm)